Created with patience and time to acquire right pattern, color, beauty and length, Mexican rebozos are weaved one-by-one using either a waist loom or a pedal loom. This process can take a couple of weeks (thread is dyed) or a couple of months depending on the pattern and fringe design. Normally men weave the main part of the rebozo and women tie the fringe.
Mexican rebozos are used by doulas:
- to decrease discomfort of pregnancy (as a waist garment) or as a tool for massage
- to help baby move and achieve correct position for a natural birth (Rebozo manteada)
- comfort during labor and birth (hip sifting i.e. Spinning Babies techniques)
- comfort in postpartum for tightening hips
- as baby carrier for baby wearing
- for easy breastfeeding
- as hammock to cuddle baby
Material: 100% cotton
Dimensions (Length x Width): 2.50 x 65 cm / 98.5″ x 25 ½ ” + Fringe: 15 cm / 5.90 in
Weight (approximate): 430-450 grams / < 1 lb.
The Rebozo + Baby Carrier is included in our Self-Care Bundle.