Your Postpartum Doula provides:
- Free Tackle the 4th Trimester meeting to help you prepare for postpartum recovery
- Free Breastfeeding, Pumping, & Back-to-Work Class
- Online access to member portal with enormous amount of information specialized for your special recovery period
- On-call around your EDD (estimated due date)
- Allowance of time for the unique needs of a new mother’s body through self-care, including showering, basic yogic-breathing exercises to decrease tension and stress (pranayama), and essential rest.
- Teaching you a daily routine of Ayurveda self-care (dinacharya) including self-massage (abhyanga) and womb massage to speed healing, as you create a habit to carve out necessary “you” time which will later become modeling for your little one as well as a bonding ritual when your baby is an older infant, toddler, and beyond.
- Physical support in the mother’s recovery after labor, including carrying heavy items, preparing herbal sitz baths, and reflexology massage to speed your healing.
- Looking for signs that could indicate postnatal mood disorders or issues with bleeding in the postpartum period
- Nonjudgmental emotional support, listening and helping to process the birth story of both parents. Research shows that moms, dads, and babies have an easier time with this transition if a good support team is in place.
- Supports the partner for the emotional adjustment to parenthood in their new role and their transition in their relationship with their partner. It’s a fact that Dads, or the non-birthing parent, who have doulas learn skills earlier and are more able to take on the care of their infant alone earlier.
- Help with older siblings adjusting to the new family member plus education for parents on activities which introduce the children to bond.
- Breastfeeding advice and support as your Certified Lactation Educator Counselor, which includes help with bottle-feeding and education on pumping and milk storage. Research shows greater success with breastfeeding with a postpartum doula present, and it’s proven mothers who have doula support pump more milk.
- Education on specialized newborn care like swaddling, diapering, grooming, umbilical cord and circumcision care, and bathing.
- Help to parents in developing your individual style of nurturing and bonding with baby while offering soothing solutions and calming techniques in the event of gas and colic.
- Encouraging eating and drinking adequate fluids
- Help with baby’s laundry, nursery organization, changing and feeding stations.
- Light housekeeping such as dishes.
- Support for pet adjustment.
- Photographs of you and your baby during postpartum shifts, as desired.
- Referrals to local resources such as parenting classes, pediatricians, lactation support, and support groups. A decreased likelihood of Postpartum Mood Disorders with the help of a postpartum doula.
Your Postpartum Doula works with each family individually to discover your particular needs as every family’s situation is unique. Postpartum Doula support can be contracted for a minimum of 6 hours in one week to a maximum of two months of 24/hours even 7 days a week after your baby is home.
Compare Postpartum Doula Packages
$800 booking retainer
$2000 booking retainer
The initial $800 retainer is a 50% nonrefundable Postpartum Support Retainer Fee. After paying, you will receive intake forms through a HIPAA-compliant online portal, an exclusive membership where you’ll get exclusive access to everything postpartum. Then we will schedule our Tackle the 4th Trimester Class, held prenatally to prepare you for postpartum recovery. Your doula will be on-call the entire month of your due date.
The remaining 50% balance ($800) is a Postpartum Support Fee due prior to or upon the third trimester at approximately 27 weeks pregnant. If you are more than 27 weeks pregnant currently or if you’ve already birthed your baby, the remaining balance is due in full at time of booking.
You may pay electronically with a debit card, credit card, or HSA card. Secure ACH bank transfers are available on request. Receipts and a Superbill will be provided with our National Provider Identifier and Doula medical codes for possible insurance reimbursement.
Holistic Postpartum Support
Further training through Hypnobabies as a Childbirth Hypnobabies Hypno-Doula deepened my awareness of how powerful the mind is and the very positive outcomes or very negative blockages it can create, especially its impact on the woman’s mind during pregnancy and while birthing. It led me to understanding an essential and holistic viewpoint of childbirth, and my clients who use Hypnobabies often have shorter and easier labors, which led me to discounting my Birth Doula rates for parents intending to use Hypnobabies since it decreases my work!
(See Hypnobabies Birth Doula Package)
Moreover, I understood how nurturing mental health and calming the nervous system in the postpartum period was vital to healing the mother and her bonding with her baby while training as an Ayurvedic Postpartum Doula. Ayurveda can provide new mothers to look within for that state of deep alignment necessary to thrive as a mother in today’s world. Our natural state of health is the birthright of every mother and when a mother thrives in this world – so does her family. My support, as your Ayurvedic Postpartum Doula, guides both Mother and Baby during the first 6 weeks Postpartum, with the unique emphasis specialty in Ayurveda.
Postpartum Doulas play a critical role for a new mother during the first 6-8 weeks after Baby’s arrival. The role that used to be held by a mother’s village and community, guiding her back to balance while the new mother cares for her new baby and her own healing after birth. With extended families now living apart from one another, the role that used to be held by her auntie, sister, or her own mother is now held by a lay-person or trained professional who can mother the mother at the bedside. This gently guides them back to balance while the new mother is caring for her newborn and healing from birth.
Going through your long pregnancy journey to the path of childbirth takes a toll on the body. In America, there is so much emphasis on “getting your body back” and to “bounce back”. Having a Postpartum Doula is not a luxury; it is really essential especially if you don’t have a village at home. The time during postpartum is so particular; what you do now for your recovery during the first 42 days after childbirth influences how your body will heal and live for another forty years. Taking your rest and health seriously is really important for your future health.
In our commercialized society, much of postpartum is focused on Baby – after all, you have been preparing over nine months for this child you already love so much to be born, and there have only been pieces of the puzzle to who this Baby is which have presented themselves ever so slightly during pregnancy. Much research has shown than the baby is an extension of the mother, and my role as a Doula is to ensure you are getting the tools and support you need emotionally, physically, and educationally to heal through this period so you can efficiently and happily support your growing family in your new role as a mother.
Time is a huge factor in learning the personality of your baby and through all the excitement, sometimes new mothers forget to care for their own bodies. You are changing so much physically with your hormones and now this new milk production and trying to care for Baby and understand how to console and feed your baby and do everything “right” – but we also need to focus on the mother-baby dyad.
Your energy transfers to your baby and it can easily be forgotten to “take care of you”; addressing your needs is so important for your healing, physically, emotionally, and mentally during this fourth trimester. Through this focus on the Ayurvedic Pillars of Care (nourishment, yogic-breathing and meditation, bodywork for you and your Little One, and rest) we can set you up with a great foundation for the rest of your life and throughout motherhood.
You deserve Birth Doula support, too!
Check out the Birth + Postpartum FAQ to learn more about support roles for pregnancy, birth, and postpartum.
Read What Support Do I Need? to get further clarification.
Have an easier postpartum when you have an easier, more comfortable birth! Check out our Hypnobabies Childbirth Class for a more enjoyable birthing time.