I am a graduate of the Lactation Consultant Program (USCD) where I also trained as a Certified Lactation Educator Counselor. I have counseled dozens of women through breastfeeding and it is my passion to provide a virtual lactation counseling visit to a new mother and women who are having another baby.
I service the greater LA area for in-home lactation counseling sessions. You may also have me come to the hospital directly after your baby is born, and you can plan ahead and book me in advance – I’ll be on-call to do this for you 24/7. I also provide this service (help establishing initial breastfeeding relationship) FREE for my Birth Doula clients after I help them through labor. In addition, I provide virtual lactation counseling sessions through my HIPAA-compliant platform.
Breastfeeding isn’t just about feeding. It is a sacred bond only you can share with your baby. That being said, it can open women up to emotions they never knew they had which can be scary. You should not have to go through this alone. With a lactation consultation, you will be empowered and confident in your decisions and body, allowing you to focus on bonding with your baby.
It is important to address a breastfeeding issue to 1) ensure Baby is getting fed and 2) protect the mother’s milk supply as soon as there is an issue. If you need immediate help, please contact me right away for a lactation counseling visit so we can fix any problems you may be having with breastfeeding your baby. Let’s set you up for success!
Solutions to these common breastfeeding issues are addressed during a lactation consultation:
- helping with feeding schedules
- nipple care & prevention plan
- cracked nipples and nipple pain
- addressing oral ties (lip tie, tongue tie, posterior tongue tie, buccal/cheek ties)
- determining the need for pumping plus when and how to start or reduce pumping
- how to increase milk production naturally
- how to increase milk production with herbs and common foods
- hand expression
- adequate milk transfer
- correcting positioning and latch
- milk blebs/blisters
- tender breasts and red spots
- plugged/clogged ducts
- candida, yeast, thrush
- weaning baby from the breast
- how to stay hydrated
- how to determine if you are eating enough for you and your baby
- breastfeeding products
- older children who may not understand
- and more
Check my availability to book your in-home lactation consultation. If you don’t see an opening, contact me.
We provide virtual lactation support as well.