Hypnobabies is a birth method – irregardless of home, birth center, or hospital and is made for those who want an in-depth childbirth education with powerful, somnambulistic hypnosis tools. The Hypnobabies childbirth class has medical-grade hypnosis used by medical professionals for preparing clients for spinal surgeries and dentistry without anesthesia, but is formulated for birthing. Hypnobabies has helped 100,000+ families have a more joyful, empowering, easier, and more comfortable birth. Our classes meet for 3 hours weekly for 6 weeks. All materials will be sent to you so you never need to print anything. In the Hypnobabies Childbirth Class, you will:
- Learn all about the 3 stages of birth
- Learn how fear and negative expectations can cause pain in childbirth and how to release those fears during pregnancy
- Learn how somnambulistic hypnosis works, and that ALL hypnosis is SELF-hypnosis
- Learn how to create natural anesthesia using “only” your mind
- Learn how you can stay healthy and low risk through nutrition, and prepare for birth with prenatal exercises
- Learn about your options for birthing
- Create a written plan that lists your birth preferences
- Participate in a Hypnobabies birth rehearsal practice session
- Experience the joy of bonding with your baby, as you enjoy practicing your hypnosis scripts together
Option 1: Group Hypnobabies Childbirth Education Class
Schedule: Each Hypnobabies childbirth education class series consists of 6 classes meeting for 3 – 3.5 hours each week for 6 weeks. All handouts and materials will be sent to you so you never need to print anything.
This live Zoom Los Angeles-based group Hypnobabies Childbirth class series is fun and informative.
This group class is limited to you + 5 other pregnant couples, and is preferred by those:
- who want their partner more involved
- who want their partner ready to support their birth goals and equipped to support them during labor
- who want to experience a community with other pregnant mothers they can connect to celebrate their Hypnobabies births and “Hypno” babies
- who want a childbirth educator/instructor-led hypnobirthing childbirth class
$500 for the six week series (includes all materials sent to you and 21 hours of instruction).
Curious what you’ll learn? Checkout the Hypnobabies Childbirth Education Class Outline here.
When you’re ready, enroll in a Group Hypnobabies Childbirth Class Series here.
Upcoming Hypnobabies Childbirth Class schedule:
- Thursdays – February 2nd – March 9th @ 6pm-9pm (birthing April/May)
- Tuesdays – March 14th – April 18th @ 6pm-9pm (birthing May/June)
- Wednesdays – April 12th – May 17th @ 6pm-9pm (birthing June/July)
- Tuesdays – May 9th – June 13 @ 6pm-9pm (birthing July/Aug)
- Wednesdays – June 7th – July 12th @ 6pm-9pm (birthing Aug/Sept)
- Thursdays – July 6th – August 10th @ 6pm-9pm (birthing Sept/Oct)
- Wednesdays – August 9th – September 13th @ 6pm-9pm (birthing Oct/Nov)
- Tuesdays – September 5th – October 10th @ 6pm-9pm (birthing late Oct/Nov)
- Wednesdays – October 4th – November 8th @ 6pm-9pm (birthing late Nov/Dec)
- Mondays – October 30th – December 4th @ 6pm-9pm (birthing Dec/Jan)
- Thursdays – November 30th – Jan 4th @ 6pm-9pm (birthing late Jan/Feb)
Option 2: Independent Home Study Course
Hypnobabies also has a wonderful home study option and can be purchased directly from Hypnobabies.com. The cost is $180-$220 depending on if you order the online home study version or the print edition of the home study course. This is a self-study that the birthing person does mostly on their own, though birth partners are encouraged to follow along and have a few small things to do to be involved. It contains the same wonderful tools and techniques that are taught in the live Hypnobabies childbirth class.
The print edition of the home study course includes all Hypnobabies Childbirth Hypnosis printed workbooks, booklets, handouts and audio tracks (on MP3 download cards), which is especially great if you don’t want to print out a TON of materials because they send them all to you, shipped in an organized fashion! Our doula clients love the print edition because it keeps them accountable and is easily accessible in a binder; a tangible way to learn since having physical papers can be more of a reminder to create a ritual.
Option 3: Private Hypnobabies Class
All the same content and weekly structure as the 6-week childbirth ed Hypnobabies series but exclusively for you; no other couples.
Experienced in NDAs and protecting your privacy.
Learn more about the topics covered here.
Optional bonus – Home study users can hire a Hypnobabies instructor for a virtual Home Study Advantage (HSA) class for the birthing person and the birth partner. We do a review of the course, make sure the birth partner feels fully up to speed for their role, and do a real time birth rehearsal to practice using all the tools, plus breathing and pushing methods. This HSA is an invaluable way to make sure you are able to reap the full Hypnobabies benefits of all the Hypnobabies tools you will have spent so much time learning and practicing. Sign up here.
Optional bonus – Those who sign up for any Hypnobabies class (any live Hypnobabies class with any Hypnobabies instructor, or for the online or print version of the Hypnobabies Home Study Course) receive a $400 discount for Nourish Birth Doula services when signing up for the Hypnobabies Birth Doula Package.
Already taking the Hypnobabies course, and now you’re looking for a Hypnobabies Hypno-Doula? Sign up for the Hypnobabies Birth Doula Package to get $400 off, just provide proof of receipt. Learn more through the free Meet & Greet or through a private, individual consultation.
Optional bonus – You may be able to receive reimbursement for purchasing Hypnobabies®! Some healthcare insurance companies will cover the cost of our Los Angeles-based Hypnobabies childbirth course with CPT the code for childbirth classes: S9436. You may also need this: Diagnosis code Z32.2, which is for childbirth education.
Optional bonus – Additional $200 off for birth doula clients intending to birth at home or a birth center with promo code: homebirth ($600 discount for Hypnobabies birth doula clients)
When to start Hypnobabies?
If you’re interested in Hypnobabies, the “ideal” learning schedule is starting at 28-30 weeks! There is a little homework each week, then listening to the empowering joyful birth affirmations track (the only track that is not hypnosis) while brushing your teeth, driving, doing dishes, etc. each day, and then listening to each week’s hypnosis track before bed/while sleeping (yes, sleeping through it still counts!).
Unlike hypnobirthing which doesn’t have actual hypnosis, this Los Angeles-based Hypnobabies childbirth course is not a basic hypnobirthing course where you just listen whenever you want here and there, and will not be effective if you listen and learn one day here, one day there, skip a week, etc.
Unlike the older style of hypnobirthing, Hypnobabies is actually medical-grade hypnosis used by medical professionals for preparing their clients for spinal surgeries and dentistry without anesthesia, but it’s formulated for birthing. The schedule is very structured and is so in order to be effective. You can sleep with a track so literally you can’t get behind since you’re not wasting daylight hours listening to tracks.
Also, if you’re already past 30 weeks, there is an accelerated version so don’t let that stop you from learning Hypnobabies, the best tool for an easier, more comfortable birth experience.
Check out the Hypnobabies Class Schedule here to find a class series.