What is a Hot Stone & Crystal Session?
40-minute Hot Stone & Crystal Session in your home (within 25-mile radius from Beverly Hills with no travel fee) or at either of my office locations in Sherman Oaks or Eagle Rock.
– Perfect for postpartum or for general wellness maintenance for all women
– Bodywork with the stones on the back, neck, legs, and arms followed by a treatment for the abdominal and pelvic region, and lastly a crystal healing with stones for balancing your chakras.
What are Hot Stones?
Hot stones have been used as a healing modality dating back to a 5000-year-old Ayurvedic practice in India known as Shila Abhyanga. The volcanic rocks are believed to open the energy channels of the body, also known as chakras in accordance with ancient Ayurveda principles. The practice is also found in Chinese texts dating back some 2000 years, then in Africa and Egypt, and more recently by Hawaiian Natives and Native Americans in sweat lodges.
Two types of stones are used in the Hot Stone & Crystal Session: smooth and flat stones, made of the dense volcanic rock type called basalt, high in iron-magnesium, as well as round Himalayan salt stones. These particular stones are chosen because they retain heat.
The stones are simmered in hot water before being applied. They are then placed onto specific areas of the body, such as the back, neck, arms, and legs. For postpartum women, herbs and spices are applied in a cloth with hot stones and are placed on the pelvic region, bringing warmth and comfort to a new mother as a wonderful healing tool for after birthing as well as to any woman to stimulate her womb, aid menses, and for general wellness.
What are Crystals?
The Sanskrit word chakra has a literal meaning of disk or wheel. In meditation or yoga, the word chakra relates to the wheels of energy that can be found all throughout your body. Crystals or chakra stones are different types of stones in various colors that support in the chakra natural healing process. Their energies are intended to help your chakras to find a greater sense of harmony and balance within you. Each of the chakras are associated with different emotional, mental, physical, and spiritual conditions. When the chakras are aligned and properly functioning, they create peace and harmony in body, mind, and spirit. Corresponding stones can be used to unlock, cleanse, and balance the different chakra points for healing.
Postpartum Hot Stone Benefits
- Speeds the healing process of recovery from childbirth
- Increases heat to the pelvic area after childbirth which promotes uterine involution, aids digestion and constipation, expels trapped air, and breaks up residual blood clots which then allows for the lochia (postpartum bleeding) to flow more easily.
- Decreases water retention from pregnancy
- Increases breastmilk production
General Hot Stone Benefits
- Detoxifies and provides nourishment to tissues
- Helps relieve muscle tension and pain through the heat of the stone
- Improves circulation and helps blood flow and lymphatic system
- Rejuvenates and energizes
- Promotes better and deeper sleep
- Relaxes the body and mind
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- May relieve symptoms of autoimmune diseases and cancer symptoms
- May boost immunity
- Aids in balancing hormones to improve your mood and reduce mood swings
Crystal Healing Benefits
- Enhances self-esteem
- Encourages clarity
- Inspires a sense of peace
- Allows positive, healing energy to flow into the body as negative, disease-causing energy flows out
- Relieves pain, anxiety, depression and insomnia, and digestive problems
- Offers healing vibrations as stones work to remove blockages around the body and restore a natural flow of energy
Contraindications to Hot Stone Therapy
Anyone with untreated high blood pressure, open wounds or burns, or who is diabetic, has heart disease, varicose veins, migraines, autoimmune disease, decreased pain sensitivity, cancer, epilepsy, tumors, or metal implants, or are on medication that thins the blood should not receive hot stone therapy. Pregnant woman are not recommended to receive hot stone therapy.
You may pay electronically with a debit card, credit card, or HSA card. Secure ACH bank transfers are available on request.
Makes a great gift! If you’d like to give this to someone, please purchase via our Gift Card instead.
Compare Bodywork Packages
Course & Kit
Purchase multiple Hot Stone & Crystal Sessions in a Wellness Package and save up to $190.
Compare Postpartum Wellness Packages